Short Term Medical Insurance
Short Term Medical (STM) insurance is a plan with a term of less than 12 months. The plan can be renewed for a maximum of 3 years.
Short Term Medical Insurance is a great solution when you find yourself in one of the following situations:
- In between jobs
- COBRA is too expensive
- Waiting for employer sponsored coverage to begin
- Temporary or seasonal worker
- You missed the Open Enrollment Period for Affordable Care Act plans
- Unemployed individuals and their families
- Recently divorced
Unexpected illness or an accidents do not give you advance warning. They happen to all people at the worst time, especially when you do not have insurance to help pay for the healthcare you need. The medical bills for an illness or accident can reach into the $100,000s. You probably do not have that amount of spare cash in your checking account, yet you need medical care. How do you get well without going bankrupt?
Short Term Medical Insurance is the solution. Plans include benefits for:
- Office Visits
- Lab and X-rays
- Prescription Drugs
- Emergency Room Care
- Air and Ground Ambulance Services
- Inpatient/Outpatient Hospital Services
In most cases, there is no paperwork. Just show your insurance card.
You can tailor the insurance to fit your family needs:
- Chose from 5 deductibles ranging from $500 to $2,500
- Chose the length of coverage you need from 1 month to 3 months.
To be eligible you need to be a Texas resident:
- At least 60 days of age and under age 65
- A U.S. citizen or non-U. S. citizen living in the United States for at least two years.
A Short Term Medical plan covers the majority of the most expensive healthcare services. Get protection for you and your family today! You can apply on line and get coverage starting as early as tomorrow.